Teaching at Q.E.D.
So you're interested in sharing some of your talent and knowledge? Chances are, if you're excited to teach it, someone wants to learn it!
There are a couple of ways we can work it:
1) Simply rent the space and you handle all the sales and promotion & keep all the sales. Rental price for Sat & Sun mornings / afternoons is usually just $25 per 1/2 hour (so, $100 for 2 hrs which is the avg time for a class). More if you require the entire space or need a lot of tech support.
2) Partner with QED and split sales 50/50 after class supplies & ticketing expenses, if applicable. We will be your producing and promoting partner (more on that below).
Classes are usually up to 2 hours each and lasting only one session. Of course, exceptions always apply. Actually there are a lot of exceptions, but short and sweet and affordable is great for everyone. Teaching experience is a bonus, or at the very least, experience talking in front of a group. Email us at QEDAstoria@Gmail.com.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR PITCH
In order to be considered, please include the following:
- Are you renting or would you like to partner?
- Either way, we'll need a short paragraph describing your class
- Indicate if this is a one-off class or over the course of a few weeks. If the latter, how many weeks?
- How many hours / weeks is the class?
- If materials are involved, please advise the cost per student.
- Do you need tech? Like showing a PowerPoint? We can do all of that, just let us know what you need. Click here for detailed tech specs.
* QED is active with promotions on social media, has a very strong newsletter and mailing list and lists all classes on CourseHorse.com which extends the marketing reach to the tri-state area. For a mutual endeavor, we expect teachers to assist in creating their promotional materials and promoting to the general public.
Again, there are always exceptions and we want to accommodate everyone the best we can. Email us and let us know what you've got in mind!
CAN I SELL AND PROMOTE MY STUFF OR SERVICES?
Yes, please do! We hope this will be one of the biggest benefits to teaching at Q.E.D. You'll gain some fans or followers, score some gigs and sell some merch. If you sell your own merch, that's great. Keep all the proceeds. If you need Q.E.D. to manage the sales, there is a 30% commission from the sales to cover our service charges.
Q.E.D. will also have a small retail space where we can sell your books or goods on consignment for the same 30% fee.
WHAT IF I CAN'T MAKE IT TO TEACH MY CLASS?
Due to our small staff, limited budget and no cancellation policy for students, it is extremely important that you make it to the class you're scheduled to teach. Teachers who cancel --especially without seven days or more notice-- are unlikely to be asked back to teach.
CLASSES WE'RE MOST INTERESTED IN:
We love learning about a myriad of topics. We're most interested in things pertaining to arts & crafts, DIY projects, history, food, the performing arts, writing and Queens.
We also love classes relevant to current events like pumpkin carving for Halloween, Shakespeare's Sonnets before Valentine's Day, Civil Rights Movement during Black History Month, Greek Mythology during Greek Heritage Month and…well…you get the picture.