QED Technical Specifications
To review tech in person, you must schedule an appointment. Drop-ins will not be accommodated.
* Our maximum legal capacity is 74. This includes Q.E.D. staff, comps and performers, so keep that in mind when booking your show and deciding on a ticket price.
* Fliers should be sent at least three weeks in advance and set at 1920 x 1080 pixels, as that's what looks best on our TV slideshow, Eventbrite and Facebook. Fliers should be in landscape format.
* Do not post fliers for your event anywhere on public property! It is illegal. The Department of Sanitation can fine you up to $200 per poster, which will be your responsibility to pay.
* If you require anything beyond our three onstage microphones or simple house music before the show, please have someone in your crew review tech to handle blackouts, music cues, videos, etc. We do not have a dedicated tech for shows, only a door person who can direct you to the tech booth. Please let your performers know this before they arrive for your show.
* QED has four microphones, two regular stands and two boom mike stands.
* Four XLR connections on stage can be used for microphones, a DI box, etc.
* QED has two DI box with two 1/4" inputs to connect to instruments.
* There is one "God" mic in the tech booth.
* The LED light board and control for one spotlight for lighting cues & blackouts are located in the tech booth.
* To record audio or connect to our sound board, we have an input usable with a quarter inch connector. You must bring your own recording device.
* Music can be played through your mobile device via a simple auxiliary (headphone jack) connection in the tech booth. If you have a newer iPhone, please make sure you bring the headphone dongle!
* Videos, slideshows, PowerPoints, etc., are streamed to our TV through Apple TV or via a direct connect to our projector which projects to a 9' manual projection screen on stage.
* Q.E.D. has a house DVD player, keyboard, laptop and iPad available for use upon advance request.
* Q.E.D. has dozens of stools and tables, two music stands, one guitar stand, one regular & two boom mic stands and a keyboard stand.
* There is a small, mostly private backstage area with a full-length mirror, multiple outlets and coat hooks.