QED Technical Specifications
* To review tech in person, you must schedule an appointment. Drop-ins will not be accommodated.
* Our maximum legal capacity is 74. This includes Q.E.D. staff, comps and performers, so keep that in mind when booking your show and deciding on a ticket price.
* If you require anything beyond our three onstage microphones or simple house music before the show, please have someone in your crew review tech to handle blackouts, music cues, videos, etc.
* QED can have up to four microphones on stage. There are two regular mic stands and two boom mike stands.
* Three XLR connections on stage can be used for a combination of microphones and a DI box.
* QED has one DI box with two 1/4" inputs to connect to instruments.
* There is one "God" mic in the tech booth.
* Music can be played through your mobile device via a simple auxiliary (headphone jack) connection in the tech booth.
* Videos, slideshows, PowerPoints, etc., can be shown two ways:
-- Streamed to the flat screen TV through Apple TV. Best for Powerpoints and anything that needs the performer to be on stage.
-- Via a direct connection to a projector which projects to a 9' manual projection screen on stage. Best for showing movies or anything where a performer is not on stage, though that is also totally doable.
* Q.E.D. has a house DVD player, Yamaha keyboard w/stand and pedal, laptop and iPad available for use upon advance request.
* Q.E.D. has dozens of stools and tables, two music stands, one guitar stand, one regular & two boom mic stands and a keyboard stand.
* There is a small, mostly private backstage area with a full-length mirror, multiple outlets and coat hooks.
* The LED light board and control for one spotlight for lighting cues & blackouts are located in the tech booth.
* To record audio or connect to our sound board, we have an input usable with a quarter inch connector. You must bring your own recording device.